Sponsored by the Big Dog Bed Company...
If you have any questions whatsoever, email the League administrator Ellen Rocco.
SAL 2018 is now open for registration. It is not necessary to re-register if you were a member in 2017 or before. Just start adding your points and watch them grow.
We are delighted to announce that the Big Dog Bed Company has agreed to sponsor the Senior League again.
The Big Dog Bed Company aims to provide your dogs with the best sleeping environment whether at home, in kennels, at the vet or in the car. We make good quality, comfortable beds for dogs of all sizes, using a range of constructions appropriate to dog size and weight. Want a bed to fit a specific space why not go bespoke. All covers are waterproof, antibacterial, and washable. Everything is made in the UK. For more information, go to http://www.bigdogbedcompany.co.uk/
Instead of traditional trophies, this year Dorset-based artist Ally Tate has created a special, limited edition, signed print for 1st place division winners. Since getting her own Border Collie and becoming involved in the agility world, she felt it was a natural step to combine the two interests and now has a collection of agility-based work.
And as always, we are indebted to Norton for their magnificent rosettes. The Hall of Fame rosettes are almost bigger than the dogs they were awarded to! You can now order on-line https://www.nortonrosettes.co.uk/
Please remember: Only places with rosettes can be claimed. If a show only places to 5th, then 6th and below at that show would count as a clear round (provided it was in time, of course)
For more information about the Senior Agility League, email Ellen Rocco (now Diamond) at firstname.lastname@example.org
SAL Hall of Fame
Once again Jacky Oriss and the amazing Oh Ted! topped the Senior Agility League (again), winning the Allsorts category with a stunning total of 4647 points. Ted is now 10 and slowing down a bit, but he is still ran away with the 2017 Senior League.
Ted becomes our first nominee for the newly created Senior Agility League Hall of Fame.
Our second nominees are Jennifer Rothwell and her Bedlington X Poppet. This pairing has often been in the places in the League and we would like to recognise their achievements.
Both dogs have received amazing (and enormous) rosettes marking their achievements.
|Jacky Orriss||Oh Ted||BC||4647|
|Freda Wallace||Meisterwerk Tika AW/G||Sheltie x BC||3635|
|Linda Seaton||Our Boy Zeus AW/G||Min Poodle||3097|
|Dave Walker||Josie Hopebeyondthestars||Sheltie||3055|
|Jan Linch||Sophia Isabella Star||WBC||3025|
|Allsorts||Jacky Orriss||Oh Ted!||Border Collie||4647|
Top Three in Each Category
Thanks to Agilitynet and the Big Dog Bed Company for sponsoring the Senior League.
Bailey is my first agility dog and last year was her first year of competition.
Thrilled and proud to have won1st place in Large Gold group.
It may be her last rosette as she has been diagnosed with hip dysplasia but what a good year we had!
Fingers crossed well be back one day. June Caunce
Gold (55-59) Large
WOW! Thank you so much Agilitynet for running the Senior League.
Very proud. Linda Seaton
Gold (55 59) Medium
Gold (55-59) - Small
Jenny and I would like to thank Agilitynet for our 1st and 2nd place awards
with Jenny's Nessa and my Jack, in the Senior League Ruby Division Large for 2017.
Ian & Jenny Hastie
Ruby (60-64) Large
Ruby (60-64) Medium
The rosettes for the Senior League are just fabulous.
We managed a 3rd in the Ruby section.
Thank you so much to Agilitynet for organising and to The Big Dog bed Co for their generous sponsorship.
Ruby (60-64) Small
Platinum (65-69) Large
Platinum (65-69) Medium
Platinum (65-69) Small
Diamond (70+) Large
Diamond (70+) Medium
Diamond (70+) Small
Please note that by submitting your application for the Senior Agility League, you are agreeing to the rules below.
1. The Senior Agility League (The League) is open to handlers aged 55 years and over on 1st January in the current year.
2. Dogs entered in The League must be registered with the Kennel Club.
3. The League will run from 1st January to 21st December in each year. It will re-open on 23rd December. Points from shows between 22nd December and 31st December can be carried forward to the next year.
4. The League is organised in four main categories based upon the age of the handler on 1st January with three sub-categories in each according to size (Large, Medium & Small).
Gold:- 55 -59 years
Ruby: 60 -64 years
Platinum: 65 - 69 years
Diamond: 70+ years
5. Points can be claimed from places and clear rounds from open classes at all shows but not qualifiers, club matches, leagues, fun days or simulated/training in the ring shows etc.
7. When claiming points, the show, day (optional), class and place must be stated. The administrator reserves the right to assess if the show is eligible under the above guidelines.
8. Placed points can only be claimed if a placed rosette is presented by the show. Otherwise, clear round points only can be claimed. Clear round points can be claimed even if clear round rosettes are not given by the show but must be within the course time.
9. Placed points can be claimed for all Standard 'singles' classes including Championship qualifying rounds (but not the Final or Semi-Final) as well as Helter Skelter, Gamblers, Snooker, Steeplechase and other 'special' classes. Points may also be claimed for UKA Masters Combined result but not the individual rounds.
10. The Dog will remain in the category/level it starts in on 1st January for the duration of that year. If a dog transfers to 'Allsorts' during the year, please contact the administrator.
11. The Handler/Owner must update registration each year.
12. The Handler/Owner is responsible for changing the categories if required, when starting the year.
13. It is the Owner/Handlers responsibility to send their points via post or submit points on-line.
14. There is no time limit to claim points, although we would ask that you try to do so on a monthly basis.
15. Final results for the year must be received by 21st December of the current year. The winners will be announced on Agilitynet and Agilitynet Facebook.
16. Points claimed for the combination of dog and handler cannot be claimed when run by another handler, even if registered with The League.
17. Allsorts dogs are welcome to join The League. Only points from special classes such as Anysize, Allsorts and Veterans can be claimed. Allsorts points cannot be used in the 'main' League. If a dog moves to Allsorts mid-year, points cannot be transferred from Standard classes. If no places are awarded by the show for the class, clear round points can be claimed.
18. It is not necessary to re-register each year if the Handler participated in the League the previous year.
1st place = 22
2nd place = 21
3rd place = 20
4th place = 19
5th place = 18
6th place = 17
7th place = 16
8th place = 15
9th place = 14
10th place = 13
11th place = 12
12th place = 11
13th place = 10
14th place = 9
15th place = 8
16th place = 7
17th place = 6
18th place = 5
19th place = 4
20th place = 3
Clear round* = 2
* Clear rounds must be in time.
Q, How soon should I add my points?
A. As soon as possible so that everyone can see how you are doing in The League, though officially you have until The League closes on 21 December to add your points
Q. Some unaffiliated shows allow dogs to run at their own level rather than the level of the handler. For example, when dogs are KC Grade 3 but are allowed to run in Elementary under a different organisation. Can you claim these points?
Q. I have won out. Do I need to change my Grade?
A. No, your dog remains in the category it started in January of the current year for the duration of the year.
Q. What system should I use to calculate points from a KC Limited show?
A. The points are the same as a KC Open show, Unaffiliated shows have different points values. Click here to see Points Table.
Q. Why does my dog have to be registered with the Kennel Club?
A. The League needs set a criteria to work with such as levels, heights, recognised breeds etc.
Q. Do wins / places have to be clear rounds to count or can faults be involved?
.A place is a place. Claim it.
Q. When I try to register or add in points, I keep getting sent back to the Login screen. What do I do.
A. Click here for help. It's all about cookies - and not the eatable kind.
Q. As a resident in N Ireland, I frequently compete in the Republic of Ireland under Irish KC rules and regs. Do wins under IKC rules count and if so, in which category -- KC or unaffiliated?
A. As the Two Kennel Clubs have similar standards - rules and regs, your points would count as KC.
Thank you to John Ward and the DARL Rescue League for their help with the League Tables.