The holidays are well and truly over but before you go back to work and agility, here are the answers, highlighted in yellow, to our big end of the year quiz. Congratulations to Stuart Marshall, a self-confessed agility nerd, who got 100%. How did you do?
1. Who was the well known agility pioneer, instructor and judge who died this year?
a) John Gilbert b) Peter Meanwell c) Fred Welham
2. Where are Adams Agility shows held?
a) Catton Hall b) Bakewell Showground c) Matlock Rugby Club
3. Which agility obstacle was discontinued by both the Kennel Club and UK Agility last year?
a) See saw b) Soft / Collapsible tunnel c) Long jump
4. Which charity agility show is held at Trinity Park every year?
a) Northern Agility Week b) Dogs in Need c) Captain Jack's
5. Where were the Belgian Shepherd World Agility Championships held this year in 2017?
a) Slovenia b) Italy c) Germany
6. Who is the Vice-Chair of the Kennel Club with an agility background?
a) Dave Ray b) Graham Partridge c) Steve Croxford
7. Name the handler who won two events at Olympia this year with different size dogs?
a) Dan Shaw b) Dave Munnings c) Dawn Weaver
8. What is the name of the new tyre that comes into use in 2018?
a) Breakaway b) Breakup c) Breakdown
9. What anniversary does agility celebrate in 2018?
a) 35th b) 40th c) 45th
10. Who invented agility?
a) John Varley & Peter Meanwell b) Greg & Laura Derrett c) Peter Lewis & Lesley Olden
11. Which Olympia Semi-final was traditionally held at Newton Heath?
a) ABC b) Starters Cup c) Mixi Pairs
12. Which venue has not hosted the Kennel Club International Agility Festival?
a) Rockingham Castle b) Stamford Hall c) Kelmarsh Hall
13. Who judged the KC Agility Stakes at Olympia this year?
a) Charlie Wyatt b) Bill Glover c) Lynne Shore
14. How many points do you need for an Agility Warrant Platinum (AW/P)?
a) 800 b) 1200 c) 1600
15. What breed has the most Agility Champions (Ag.Ch.)?
a) Sheltie b) Collie c) Crossbreed
16.The UK is hosting which World Championships for the first time next year?
a) IMCA & PAWC b) FCI World Championships c) WAO
17. How many agility wins do you need to win into Grade 2?
a) One b) Two c) Three
18. What is the first show of 2018?
a) New Years Hurdles b) Hair O' the Dug c) Waverunners Steeplechase
19. How old do you have to be to be eligible for the Senior Agility League?
a) 55 b) 60 c) 65
20. Which obstacle made a comeback in the Animal Health Company Challenge?
a) Brush jump b) Table c) Water jump
First published 7 January 2018